Score: Dean College 98, University of New England 83
Records: Dean College (2-0), University of New England (0-1)
Location: Performance Court, Biddeford, Maine
Date: Sunday, November 10, 2019
Time: 2:00 PM
Josh Croskey (Birmingham, Ala.) finished with a monster double-double of 25 points and 16 rebounds to help lead Dean College to a hard-fought 98-83 win over the University of New England in non-league men's basketball action on Sunday afternoon.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- The Bulldogs led from wire-to-wire, but the Nor'Easters never backed down and seemed to be within reach for most of the contest.
- Dean led by four, 53-49, at halftime but saw their lead balloon to 15 after Traijan Powell (Sierra Vista, Ariz.) knocked down a three-pointer and then was on the receiving end of a full court touchdown pass from Croskey for an easy layup.
- UNE answered back with a 10-0 run to make the score, 75-70, but a three-point play from Jordan Lynch-Rexroth (Harrisburg, Pa.) and an inside finish from Kevin Clark (Miami Gardens, Fla.) pushed the Dean lead back to double figures.
- The Nor'Easters made one final run, getting to within seven at 87-80, however, Powell scored four straight points and Dean made enough of their free throws in the final two minutes to secure the victory.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dean shot nearly 50 percent from the field (36-for-73), while holding a 46-40 edge on the glass.
- Croskey was just one of five Bulldogs in double figures, as Powell ended with 23 points and nine rebounds, connecting on six three-pointers and Clark ended with 17 points, four rebounds, four steals and three assists.
- Anderson totaled 14 points and Jordan Booker (Waterbury, Conn.), who was saddled with foul trouble for most of the game, ended with 11 points, four rebounds and five assists.
Dean is back in action on Tuesday when they host Emmanuel College for a 6:00 PM start.