Score: Dean College 89, Bay Path 46
Records: Dean College (9-5, 6-1 NECC), Bay Path (0-15, 0-9 NECC)
Location: Pieri Gymnasium, Franklin, Mass.
Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018
Time: 1:00 PM
THE LEAD: The Dean College Bulldogs overpowered visiting NECC oppoonent Bay Path University, earning a 89-46 victory at Pieri Gym on Saturday.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
- Back and forth action over the first five minutes yielded an 8-6 Dean lead. Dean then exploded over the next five minutes, closing the first quarter on a 15-2 run and taking a 23-8 lead into the break.
- Midway through the second quarter, a steal followed by a fast break lay up from Morgan Turner (Winter Park, Fla.) extended the Bulldogs' lead to 25 and Dean never looked back. The Bulldogs led 48-24 at halftime and 67-30 at the end of three.
- The Bulldogs got contributions from 15 different players, with 14 registering points.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS:
- Dean was led by Shannon Rosensteel (Sunrise, Fla.) who finished with 15 points on 7-9 shooting. Turner, Jamaya Cleveland (Greensboro, Ga.) and Sophia Church (Rochester, Mass.) all finished with 10 points. Turner added eight boards to lead the hosts. Shania Springer (Bayshore, N.Y.) and Amanda Miressi (New Rochelle, N.Y.) scored 9 points each as the Bulldogs outscored Bay Path 35-2 in bench points.
- Emmeline Bronson led the visitors, finishing with 21 points on 8-15 from the field. Haileigh Basset scored 11 and added six rebounds.
- Dean shot 53 percent from the field to Bay Path's 41 percent, and the Bulldogs held a 30-6 lead in fast break points.
- The win was the second in a row for the Bulldogs and third out of their last four.
- Dean is now 9-5 overall and 6-1 in the NECC.
- The Bulldogs are back in action on Tuesday when they travel to Newbury for a 7:00 conference tilt. Bay Path is back in action tomorrow, traveling to New England College for a 1 p.m. start.